I always get here with really awesome things to tell you guys and then when I sit down, Will Smith swoops in and wipes my memory with his sick alien pen from MIB and I forget everything. At least that’s what it feels like.
Alright, so to start off updating all yall from about two or three weeks ago, I’m still alive and healthy. We got robbed last week when we down to Brasília for mission conference so now I don’t have my USB or memory card with all my talks, we don’t have a phone anymore and the dude swiped our phone while we were sleeping. Sem vergonha. But we’re both okay and the mission conference was awesome! Here’s a little bit of what I got from it:
- We must look at our own lives and fix what is already under our control before we start to look out and point out the falts of what we can’t control yet. As we are an example of the believers in word, in thought and in doing the rest will surely follow. In due time, but it’s the Lord’s time and we can’t complain about that.
- We are here to establish the kingdom of God on the earth, not just to work and baptize and teach. Work and establish are two different things. When we establish we build what is necessary to be built and we leave it better than we found it.
- How would my future family relationships benefit from my missionary conduct right now?
- We should teach, pray, testify, love and serve as if for the very first time.
- Teaching the children of God about His eternal gospel plan is the single most important thing we can do with our lives; whether it be as a missionary, a Sunday school teacher, a neighbor, a friend. In 1 Corinthians 12:29 it lists three things: first, apostles. Second, prophets. Third, teachers. We have to do everything in our power to make sure that when we have an opportunity to teach that we take advantage of it and turn it into a truly spiritual experience, and we can learn to do that in chapter 10 of Preach my Gospel. And then if our hearts are right, if we have prayed and studied and cried and worried and prepared until we do not know what else to do, the Lord can say to us what He said to the sons of Mosiah to go up unto the Lamanites and He will give us success!
We gave Elizabeth the Book of Mormon less than 3 weeks ago and she finished it yesterday… And has a testimony. And she’s the greatest, she’s just stark crazy. I think she might have Alzheimer’s… But she remembers everything from the Book of Mormon, it’s an interesting deal! She is super prepared and we’re helping her out this week to stay strong so she can be baptized on Sunday!
Carol and Luisa have fallen off the map, it’s sad. But it happens! It’s still not their time. But they’ll get baptized for sure.
We met a lady named Eliene knocking doors and she has three sons, two are old enough to be baptized. We have been working closely with them, as they have an incredible potential to do incredible things as members. Eliene isn’t married, but her “husband” lives in Brasília and visits one weekend per month. She tells us she thinks about separating and it’s a really odd deal with them. But she is a wonderful person and she’s super sincere with us, which is a blessing. We’re working with her sons to get baptized this weekend as well!
Tailane came out of nowhere, she’s a little buddy of some recent converts and has gone to church 3 weeks in a row. It’s impossible to find everyone at home but we’re doing everything in our power to help her prepare for baptism this weekend as well! We have high hopes for the end of this transfer!
I might get transferred here in a couple days I think! (hope… pray…) haha but I am super grateful to be here in Posse and to be learning the things that I am learning everyday. The Lord has shown His hand to me in this area and my testimony is stronger for it. I have learned to truly learned to pray and love and serve others and my God. I can never deny these things!